Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Using the power..."

I was thankful for the amazing weather on Monday but now I am even more thankful for the fabulous weather yesterday. The day started off looking to be a raining one but last night the weather was fantastic. Last night was one of those few occasions where I get to see the Empire State Building from a different view and all lighted up. The view was stunning. Now as I look up at the sky, I can see the usually white clouds passing by the Empire State Building. The colors for the lights tonight through Sunday night are red, orange and yellow in honor of Thanksgiving.

Today's quote is "Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant." Author Tony Robbins.

There are certain characteristic that people see and like in other people. I recall a former co-worker telling me that she admired someone because the person was decisive. I thought that was interesting because I am far from a procrastinator so naturally I assume everyone was like that.

Making decisions is not an easy process as it appears on the surface. Yes, some simple decisions can be made in a few seconds but others require a long thoughtful process. Why? Depends on the situation.

As an entrepreneur, I meet many people trying to convince me to do this or that and I get the sales pitch quite often. This is part of the networking process and I accept that. What I don't do is to allow people to force me to make a decision when I have not given the issue any thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment