Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "One never notices..."

Nice weather to start the day off. I look outside and see the trees swaying back and forth which makes me want to be out there taking in the fresh air and the breeze. As I look up at the Empire State Building, I see dark and white clouds quickly passing by as if they are on a journey to get some where. Now I definitely have to go outside at lunch time. The color for the lights tonight are purple and white.

Today's quote is "One never notices what has been done; one can see only what remains to be done." Author Marie Curie.

This is such a true statement and I am sure many of you have tons of instances when this has happen to you. For me it was when I was renovating my kitchen years ago and there were still a few things remaining to get done. One observer quickly pointed out "what happen to this, this and this" as the areas that were not completed as yet. My brother heard as this was going on and noted how quickly the person making the comments found nothing good to say.

As I said, it has happened over and over again to many of us. So what do you do? You can ignore the person or can play along and say yes, we are still working on it. I am interested in hearing how other people handle this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment