Monday, November 22, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Too many people..."

Various levels of clouds surround the Empire State Building, each moving at a different pace. Kinda like what you see when you are in a plane up there above the clouds. The color for the lights tonight are orange and white.

Today's quote is "Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are." Author Malcolm Forbes.

The second part of the quote I can say relates to me. A couple of months ago I was asked to write an elevator speech and test it on a few people which I did. One on my co-workers hated what I wrote. She said "you are so much better than this." I reminded her I only had 30 seconds for the pitch. This was a great exercise because it is hard to "self praise" yourself.

Then a few weeks later, I overhead a conversation where someone was saying he undervalues himself. It felt better to know that I was not alone but it does not help the situation that most of us do it; especially entrepreneurs.

To fix this, I decided that I needed "to put my foot down" and say this is what I am worth. Actually, I already did so and it felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment