Sunday, November 21, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "It's no secret..."

Sunday morning is here I have tons of things to do. My goal is get started as early as possible and at least accomplish a few things. Sunshine is happening outside but I recall that the weather report saying it will be cold too. No venturing out today for me.

Today's quote is "It's no secret that I love to talk, but the real secret is I love to listen, too." Author Kathie Lee Gifford.

Yes, Kathie, those of us who know you from the "Regis and Kathie" knows you love to talk. And yes, you are right, your secret is that you like to listen. I talked about listening last week in one of my blogs.

A few days ago I was in meeting and by the slip of the tongue, the person I was talking to happen to mention something that immediately told me exactly what the outcome of the meeting will be. It is amazing how quickly I realized the little hope I had for something productive to come out of this meeting, came to screeching halt.

I had my listening skills on and heard clearly what being said to me. On my way home from the meeting, I reflected on what had just happen. So did I learn anything from the experience, yes I did, and that is a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment