Friday, November 19, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "There are people..."

We all have had those mornings where we set aside time to take care of a problem and just when we think "this is it" now I am ready to get on with my day, out of the blues another problem surfaces. I was pulling out of the driveway and it heard this scraping noise. I immediately thought I had a flat tire and so much for getting to the train station on time. Yes, it was another problem with the car but today is not the day to take care of it.

Nice blue skies surround the Empire State Building and no clouds in sight but sunshine rays beaming down from up above. The color for the lights are again white until Sunday.

Today's quote is "There are people who, instead of listening to what is being said to them, are already listening to what they are going to say themselves." Author Albert Guinon.

So how true is this? Come on, most of us done it at least once. Listening is a skill. My financial advisor has superb listening skills this is why he is so successful not only in business but also in relationships with others. I have learnt a thing or two from him that has help me with resolving problems.

Yes, listening works and it is one of the most powerful tools to employ. Use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment