Friday, October 8, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Motivation is simple...."

Sunglasses may be required given all those sun rays that are beaming down at my desk and also into my eyes. Yes, I can't look up at the Empire State Building as the Sun is having its say. It's amazing how the weather took a complete turn yesterday from the cloudy skies and tiny rain drops to a beautiful sunshine day. I forgot that on the news at night, sometimes the weather person shows a picture of the Empire State Building and talks about the occasion it's lighted up for. Maybe I should start doing that too. So here goes - tonight through Sunday night the colors will be orange, yellow and red for the 15th anniversary of Publicolor day.

Today's quote is "Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." Author Lou Holtz.

Not much I can add to that except maybe try a little encouragement to get the person motivated. Yes, I have a story to tell. I may have mentioned this before, but years ago I volunteered to be a counselor for some high school students. We were staying at Hofstra University beginning on a Saturday. On Monday morning just as the bus was about to pull out to take us on a field trip, one the girls decided she wanted to go home. I told her to give the program a chance and go on the trip then let me know at the end of the day how she felt. You guess right! She decided to stay! Various games were played and she was on the winning team. Naturally, at the end of the program, I asked if she was happy that she stayed and she said yes. I met her mother who told me she was shy but pleased that her daughter stayed for the entire program.

Moral of the story - give a little encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment