Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "I think that the ..."

Looking out and up at the Empire State Building, my sightings are white clouds drifting across the skies and a slight reflection of the Sun onto the surrounding buildings. There is also a trail of smoke, which looks like a wiggly tail, from a plane soaring its way up into the skies. The color for lights tonight is again white.

Today's quote is "I think that the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice." Author Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Well said. We all know people that are not willing to make sacrifices in order to accomplish goals in life. Many of us have made great sacrifices to get what we want and need. Yesterday I was talking to my college classmate about the sacrifices we made when we attended college. I recall she bringing her young daughter to school one day. Looking back at the challenges we faced, we both felt they were necessary that is why we can survive in this tough economy.

While neither of us consider ourselves great, we both know we have accomplished a lot through the sacrifices that we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment