Saturday, October 2, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "If music be the ..."

The day is almost over and what a day it was! A little bit cold, then sunshine and now back to the chill.

Today's quote is "If music be the fool of love; play on..." Author Shakespeare from Twelfth Night.

What I did not say in my first few sentences is that my day actually started at 3.30 am this morning. Why? I drove out to East Hampton to volunteer for the American Cancer Society at the Hamptons Marathon. So if you are a runner with ACS, chances are, we saw each other at the check-in or check-out.

So what does music have to do with all this? There was a DJ playing the music to entertain us and he did a fabulous job. While I was there, I thought about what it would have been like without the music and I envision this hot miserable day. Even though I was on my feet for almost 8 hours, I felt fine and didn't have a complaint!

My other good deed for the day? I went over and thanked the DJ for the wonderful music which helped make my day a good one.

And yes, I thanked the runners as well for raising thousands of dollars for ACS.

No comments:

Post a Comment