Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "No matter how far..."

Don't know the weather forecast for today but right now clouds are passing above the Empire State Building but I also happen to see signs of blue sky and guess what? Now it's reflections of the Sun so I guess I can conclude that it is looking to be a nice day!

Today's quote is "No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back." Turkish Proverb.

I love this quote. Actually that happen to me last weekend when I took that drive out to the Hamptons. I got a little confuse when I was driving so I turned around, went down another road and quickly realized I was definitely going in wrong direction. Yes, I turned around and saw a car pulled over on the side of the road. I concluded that we were all headed to the same place so I asked. And yes, we were all going to the Hamptons marathon. The nice couple got their bearings together and I followed behind.

As the runners completed their course, I spotted the couple walking by and I quickly went over and thanked them for guiding me to my destination. Now what are the odds; hundreds of people participating in this marathon and I saw the couple again.

This is just one example of turning back. The key is to recognize and acknowledge that you are headed in the wrong direction. The best decision is to turn back!

No comments:

Post a Comment