Saturday, May 22, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Kind Words Will Unlock..."

Where do I find these quotes? A lot of them comes from searches on the internet and some of them from my friends and family. In a true writer's world, going forward, I will quote the author of the quotes or state unknown.

Today's quote is "Kind Words Will Unlock An Iron Door" - author unknown.

Something to think about and definitely true. How many times have we seen on TV experts being called in to talk to people in certain situations? Lots!

Whenever I meet people I volunteer with, my first question is usually how did you hear about the event to break the ice. Yesterday I volunteered for an event and the group I was talking to did not know each other and were relatively silent. I happen to mention how great the weather was last weekend and that it was perfect for a barbecue. Then one person mentioned that she got married last weekend.

It is one of those moments where "you had to be there" to see the reaction of others present. I immediately noticed that everyone suddenly opened up and started to contribute to the conversation which was great! Then I specifically asked a question to someone else just to keep everyone talking.

I don't think we had "Iron Doors" yesterday, but people will generally open up if you say kind words to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment