Thursday, May 6, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "If You Live in the Past..."

Seek and ye shall find! I asked for help with quotes and now I have a few for the rest of the week.

Today's quote is "If You Live in the Past, You Are Blind in One Eye; If you Ignore the Past, You Are Blind in Both Eyes".

The origin of this proverb I've been told is Russian.

Is this something to think about? Certainly! My fellow accountants have been scolded by others for living in the past. Why? Because many times we deal with historical information. But to our credit, we do not ignore the past.

When my co-workers ask me a question about current work activity, I would respond that I can't answer because I am still living in past and have not graduated to the present. This is what happens to many of us who are auditors as well.

I say don't live your life in past but acknowledge that it existed and use past experiences to help you live in the present and prepare for the future.

My next few quotes will focus on similar themes to the one I wrote about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment