Thursday, April 15, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Let There Be Peace"

I am amazed that I have actually managed to find quotes to write about.

Today's quote is "Let There Be Peace".

A few years ago, I volunteered to be a tutor to teach third grade Math. Sometimes I had four students and other times five. One day one of the students was not able to make the tutoring session and one my other students commented that it was so peaceful because this particular student was not in attendance. Why did she say that? Well, the student in question was very disruptive and it was difficult for the others to concentrate and do their work.

How did I handle the situation? I spoke to teacher and told her what was happening and ask not to have this student in my session. How did my other students react? They were very happy the student was not with us in sessions. They were able to use the little time they had with me to raise their concerns about areas in Math they were having trouble with. All my students passed their tests and went on to the fourth grade.

This was a valuable experience for me and I will never forgot the little girl that said those words to me.

We all want some kind of peace in our lives and we are entitled to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment