Monday, August 30, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "The best place ..."

I took my own advice yesterday and had a few scoops of ice-cream. Another scorcher today weather wise but I will still go outside and take a walk; destination, unknown!

Today's quote is "The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm." Author unknown.

There is some truth to this quote. I am reading a book about organization and it specifically mentions delegation. Yes, we can delegate when we need a helping hand. Some people are afraid to delegate out of fear of losing control and some don't know have the patience to train others to whom they can delegate to.

My mother likes to do everything herself when she is cooking in the kitchen; she hardly asks for help. I tend to do everything myself too including the dishes but I occasionally call on my sister to help when my own "helping hand" is busy doing something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment