Thursday, June 10, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "We get to make ..."

Now I trying to find other themes to write about so the quotes will vary depending on what I find out there.


Today's quote is "We get to make a living; we give to make a life". Author (Sir) Winston Churchill.


One of the reasons people give to charity is because they expect that a life will be changed by the donation that is given. I support many charities by donating cash and my services and it is a wonderful experience. One of the charities I volunteer for transforms the lives of children who have a certain birth defect. Another charity transforms the lives of adults. Actually tonight I will volunteering for this charity.

My point of view is yes, I do get to make a living, but I should also give of myself to help others.

1 comment:

  1. Some people just give to charity for the sake of 'giving' or making themelves look good.
    But there's more to it than giving $200 to a child with a brain tumor.
    It's about giving from the heart that counts. Even if you don't have enough money to put food on the table, clothes on your back, or shoes on your feet,give with an open heart to those that are in worse situations than you are.
    Your good actions will come back to you, a hundred times fold.

    ReplyDelete