Thursday, June 3, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "A Successful Person..."

Yet another quote about success.

Today's quote is "A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her". Author David Brinkley.

This is an interesting quote as most of us can tell a story about this happening to us or someone else.

Some people make negative remarks about my cooking that is why I never cook to feed the public. Until one day I decided that I would turn the tables and volunteer to cook for a few hundred people by myself. My sister helped me with preparing the vegetables but I did the cooking. Did my food taste good? I stood by as the food was being served and watch the crowd reject other dishes in favor of mine but I kept quiet. How did I know whether or not I did a good job? The crowd came back for seconds. Now I am more than confident that I can cook at least one good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment