Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Do the hard ..."

Snow, snow and more snow. Yes, about 8-10 inches of it at my home. At 3 am the ploughs were outside cleaning up. Yes, you get the idea! Luckily for me, I was able to get a ride to the train station and the train was on-time. Wow! Amazing and all true. I've seen clouds pass over the Empire State Building; I've seen only clouds and now I actually see blue skies and clouds. Yes, there was also nice bright sunshine out there too. Wonders never ceased. The color for the lights tonight will be white.

Today's quote is "Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves." Author Dale Carnegie. This is the quote of the day from Brainy Quotes.

I have to totally disagree with that statement. Easy jobs don't take care of themselves; you have to find time to do it!

It's a co-incidence as I am faced with the same situation right now at work. Do I take on the hard tasks first or the easy ones? Guess what? I chose to do the easy ones first and get those out of the way so that I can at least accomplish something. Choosing otherwise, I would spend the whole day working on the hard tasks and nothing gets completed.

In my world, there is no fairy godmother to come and pick up the pieces for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment