Thursday, July 29, 2010

Diantie's Daily Quote - "Everyone is a house..."

Some of us question why we need to take liberal art classes in college, when at times, these classes have nothing to do with our major.

Today's quote is "Everyone is a house with four rooms, a physical, a mental, an emotional and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room, everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person". Indian proverb.

Interesting perspective. Actually, I would combine emotional and mental as one room. Acknowledging these rooms exist is one factor. Do I visit each room everyday even if only to keep it aired? sometimes! Am I less of a person because I don't follow these rules? Absolutely not!

What about those liberal arts classes? I am very pleased that I took them in college because they not only broaden my knowledge but also contributed to making me "a complete person".

For those of us that live in the New York City area, aren't you glad that heat wave is over?

No comments:

Post a Comment